Saturday 17 August 2013

What a day (continued...)

The result of this whole day was, that leaving the internet last Friday (being exposed to a tantrum, screaming kids, and screaming pig (because it was going to be killed)) I got such a headache that in the evening, I felt quit miserable. When we went to bed and I started to close my eyes, I only saw raw meat and scenes of slaughter. I was really stressed and my headache started to become worse and worse that at one point I thought my head will explode.
This headache didn’t stop for the next 72 hours; I got really sick and couldn’t move out of bed. Unfortunately, Alastair couldn’t help except trying to sooth me and hoping that my headache stopped. Due to the pain I even started vomiting and I almost went to see a doctor (I really try to avoid this here!).
Finally, I got better but then Alastair got suddenly a headache! At least, one of us was feeling ok to take care of the other! He also suffered for 3 days. Therefore last week was not the best but both of us are doing better now. During our time of being sick, our neighbors and also some of the teachers took really care of us. As soon as I felt better, some of the male teachers, who normally don’t say hello to me when Alastair and I appear together, came to see me and asked how I was doing. I really appreciated it and I think sometimes they just don’t know what to do around me being a western female and are really shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment